Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where to start???

Good question, isn't it...at least for me it is. I'm very new to blogging, not young in age, but new to blogging. I've seen so many wonderful and enjoyable blogging sites, I'm gonna give it a try. I absolutely love the scrapping blogs, so this is what I'm really going to work for. New ideas for more cards to share.

I "try" to lead a Card Ministry group at the church where my family attends. We're solely funded by ourselves, so most times we are very limited to just how much "bling" we can put on our cards, but I think we do fairly well. My philosophy is..."You can never be too gawdy...or have too many rhinestones!" So sometimes I find myself having to calm down my embellishments. And I luv the quirky crazy stamps...the silly old people with sometimes really smarty pants sayings. But I know some people wouldn't appreciate this kind of dumb humor, so I don't use those for the Ministry stamps, I try to stay simple and normal for that area of stamping...but I do luv those crazy old ladies in the leopard print capris with the mile high hair do's...lol ! I'm laughing right now, cos I'm thinking of one stamp in particular...leopard capris, a fox stole on her shoulders, mile high hair, lots of eye shadow and a long dangling cigarette. These are the kinds of goofy stamps I like. Funny...not vulgar, but kind of stupidly funny.

I'm also going to try to figure out how to post some cards. I may have to sweet talk my darling daughter to figure that out, but I'm working on it. I'm gonna go and try to play with some more stuff and learn how to post more...

later

Cindy

No comments: