Friday, May 15, 2009

Antiobiotics...a wonder drug!

Wow...I have been sick off and on since March now. Got sick, took a LONG time to get better, but did. Then our area flooded 3 times in 3 weeks and we worked almost non-stop. So guess what...sore throat again, I start losing my voice...crud...this hurts...BUT...I'm NOT going to a doctor...just ain't gonna happen.

So we go to our family reunion in Deadwood. Didn't get to see much of anyone, stayed in the trailer trying to sleep it off and wasn't sure just what was going on, so tried to stay clear of people so I wouldn't give it to them. All I heard from people is, you must have the Swine Flu...you better go to the doctor. So I start wondering if maybe that's what it is...start getting a bit nervous about it.

Monday morning arrives, we're back in Houston. Now I can barely talk, hurts to swallow, can't eat much, soft food only and even got to the point that I couldn't swallow chicken noodle soup...by Monday pm, I was trying to be sick at my stomach, but I didn't have anything to throw up, so had the horrible dry-heaves...on top of a terrible sore throat...

Tuesday morning, woke up...or at least crawled out of bed...haven't slept much the last 3 weeks either...I gave in and went to a dr. I don't have Swine Flu, but I do have an infected throat, which has been severely aggravated by SMOKE. And NO...I am not a smoker..but I am around people who are.

Bottom line...last day of antibiotics today...I'm feeling almost back to par now...still get tired kind of easy...and I've learned a very good lesson...stay away from cigarette smoke...it's a KILLER !

Thank you God for antibiotics!

No comments: